Work related to formation, operation and dissolution of corporation. following areas covered under corporate laws:
- Articles of incorporation
Intangible assets such as discoveries, inventions, words, phrases, symbols, designs, and literary, musical, and artistic works can be protected by obtaining exclusive rights.
Intellectual property can be protected with patents, trademarks and copyrights.
- A patent gives exclusive rights to inventor.
- A trademark is a bond name which distinguish an organization products and services.
- A copyright gives a creator the exclusive right to limit other from copying the work.
Process for Registration of Trademark:
STEP 1: - The application for trademark registration can be filed with the Trademark Registrar.
STEP 2: - The application for registration of trademark must be made in the prescribed form and filed along with the fee with the Trademark Registry.
STEP 3: - A trademark registration application must contain the following information: -
- Logo or the Trademark
- Name and address of the trademark owner
- Classification or Trademark Class
- Trademark used since date
- Description of the goods or services
- Prior user affidavit in case the mark is already in use
STEP 4: - Use the below Website for Trademark registration.
STEP 5: - Complete the details & Registered yourself.
STEP 6: - After registered yourself by using User ID & Password, Complete the Form with appropriate Class & Goods Description & attached the documents.
STEP 7: - After Complete all the data make a Payment of Trademark registration Fees.
STEP 8: - After making the Payment, download the acknowledgment.
Benefits or advantage of Trademark Registration:
- Advertise Goods and services
- Legal Protection
- Creation of asset
- Guards the commercial goodwill
Documents required to register a trademark:
- PAN Card of applicant
- Address Proof of applicant
- Logo: must contain Name
- User Affidavit
- Proof of TM use
- Signed form TM-48
Process for Registration of Copyrights:
STEP 1: - Visit the Website on a
STEP 2: - Click on E-Filing Application Put the USER ID & Password.
- 1. Click on the link “Click here for online Copyright Registration” provided at the bottom of this page.
- 2. The online “Copyright Registration Form” is to be filled-up in four steps.
- I. Complete the Form XIV, then press SAVE button to Save entered details, and press Step 2 to move to the Next Step.
- II. Fill up the Statement of and then press SAVE button to Save entered details, and press Step 3 to move to the Next Step.
- III. Fill up the Statement of Further particulars. (This form is applicable for “LITERARY, DRAMATIC, MUSICAL AND ARTISTIC” works),
and then press SAVE button to Save entered details, press Step 4 to move to Step 4.
- IV. Fill up the Payment Details (presently through IPO/ DD/ E-Payment).
- 3. After successful submission of the form, Diary Number will be generated (Please note it for future reference).
- 4. Please take hard copy(print) of “Acknowledgement Slip” and “Copyright Registration Report”, and send it by post to.
STEP 3: - Chart of Workflow for Copyright Registration.
Documents Required for Copyright Registration
- Name, Address & Nationality of the Applicant.
- Name, address and nationality of the author of the work.
- Copies of the original work.
- ID proof of the owner and Incorporation certificate if it is for business.
- Nature of Work: Title, Description and Language of work.
Benefits and Advantage of Copyright Registration:
- Copyright gives the sole right the owner to produce/Reproduce to of the piece of their original work.
- It shows the public record of the ownership.
- Prima facie evidence in the court matter.
- A Copyright registration enables financial benefits by the licensing/leasing the piece of the original work.
Stages of Patent Registration Process:
- Provisional Patent Registration: If a person has semi developed prototype, then he/she can file a provisional application or specification in India.
- Complete Patent Registration: This is filed when an invention is completely developed.
- Patent Publication: After filing the complete specification the patent gets published in patent journal of India.
- Patent examination: After patent publication an inventor can request for examination, an examiner is appointed to analyse the patent and its viability of getting grant.
- Payment for Annuities: After getting grant an inventor must file a patent annuities every four years to keep their patent sustained in the patent office.
Benefits of Patent Registration:
- A patent gives you the right to stop others from copying, manufacturing, selling or importing your invention without your permission.
- You get protection for a pre-determined period, allowing you to keep competitors away.
- You can license your patent for others to use it or you can sell it.
Document Requires for Patent Registration:
- Work copy which is to be registered.
- Address and identity proof of the owner is required.
- Certificate of Incorporation and Address proof is required, if it is company.
Litigation means a process of taking legal action, legal method for settling controversies or disputes between and among persons, organization and the state.
Tachotax do provide help in litigation cases and have a team of experienced attorney team who have a long track record of helping out MNC's in their litigation cases.
For more enquiry